1 Thessalonians 5:18

thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. (The Message)

In a temporary location, Bob handed me my cup of tea, which I wanted to be right where it had been, at my chair, when I returned. I said, "I didn't really want that, but thank you." Then it occurred to me, that's what I find myself saying to God sometimes.

"I didn't really want to be sick, but thank You for the special times with You it provided." "I didn't really want this problem with our child, but thank You for Your presence and comfort and strength, and the closer relationship with him that developed as a result." "I didn't really want to give up that ministry, but thank You for the new one You will provide." My list goes on and on. And that is what He desires: our recognition of His omnipotent, loving hand in the circumstances of our lives, trusting Him in every situation. We are safe and secure in His care at all times, and we should always thank Him for that, even when, perhaps especially when, the circumstances seem to say otherwise.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum